For The Hunger Games Soundtrack
I feel both the books and movies are excellent. It is nice to see that the music is going to be as well.
More Music Videos for Celtic Thursday – Drunken Lullabies from Flogging Molly
w00t! Today is Celtic Thursday. An awesome idea from the equally awesome Marc Gunn. While we at Indie Nation spin all genre, Brian, our tech and news director, though Marc’s idea kewl enough to reprogram our bot to spin all Celtic music from 10 AM to 10 PM DST every Thursday.
To Kick Off Celtic Thursday – The Maid and the Mill
Marc Gunn is well liked by us here at indienation.fm for many good reasons. He does great music, he shares it, he supports Celtic music and, most relevant to this post, he came up with the idea of #CelticThursdays. The idea is simple. Use the hash tag #CelticThurday to promote Celtic music every Thursday. Brian, our news and tech director, liked the idea so much that he found over 15 hours of Celtic music and reprogramed the bot to play Celtic music every Thursday from 10 AM to 10 PM DST. So to kick off the event for today, check out Marc Gunn’s video The Maid and the Mill.
To find out more about Celtic music and how to support it check out his celticmusic.org site.
- Today is Celtic Thursday (indienation.fm)
- Ceili Moss (indienation.fm)
- Musician Marc Gunn’s on target with “A Celtic Christmas” CD (irishcentral.com)
- Marc Gunn – Firefly Drinking Songs (indienation.fm)
Junior Brown – Better Call Saul, A Breaking Bad Spin-Off
To be truthful, I am not a fan of Breaking Bad. While I think it is well written, produced, and directed with a great cast, I just could not get into the series. In other words, I can understand why so many people are crazy for the series.
AMC has announced a spin-off, Better Call Saul. It is a prequel to the hit series. While there is not much being said about the series as of yet, AMC did post a video featuring Junior Brown. The lyrics are by the show’s creators. I think the song and the video are both excellent.
You can find out more about this upcoming television series at AMC. They have a few teaser videos there as well. Better Call Saul will launch in February of 2015.
- SNEAK PREVIEW: Better Call Saul ‘The Song’ (newsnet5.com)
- Are You A Criminal Who Likes Country Ditties? Listen To “Better Call Saul: The Song” (pophangover.com)
- Brief new teaser appears for Better Call Saul (denofgeek.com)
Yes is it unfortunately true, I am still editing interviews from Gen Con. I apologize for how long it is taking but my ancient hardware is just not allowing me to be effective at all with post production. (My newest machine is ten years old.) Nonetheless, it is what it is and I will do better next year. My 2015 motto is “new machine or bust”.
Happy Birthday is a card game that is similar to Apples to Apples. It is a family fun game from North Star Games. I really enjoyed watching the Happy Birthday Game demo. It is a simple to learn and play game for almost any age. Listen in as we play a game of it and talk to Luke about the game. You can also find North Star Games at:
Polyphonic Singing – Singing Two Notes at Once
I remember seeing Tibetan monks singing on TV. They were generating multiple tones at the same time. This Open Culture post immediately reminded me of that event. I am not sure if they were doing exactly what Anna-Maria Hefele is doing in this video but she is amazing nonetheless.
- This Woman’s Polyphonic Overtone Singing Doesn’t Sound Humanly Possible (worldduh.com)
- Polyphonic Singing Is Weird and Amazing (neatorama.com)
- This Woman’s Mindblowing Talent Involves Singing Multiple Notes At Once (buzzfeed.com)
The Don’t Let Nickel Back Campaign
When I first scanned the headline in my feed reader, I thought the Fact Magazine article was a misprint. Then again, I hear many complain about Nickelback, on a podcast I recently heard them dubbed “the worst successful band ever”. Personally, I think they are okay. However, Craig Mandell does not want these Canadians to play in London.
He has started a Kickstarter project called “Don’t Let Nickel Back“. The tiers are :
- 1 dollar and he sends an email to their management on your behalf – 12 are claimed
- 5 dollars and he sends a slightly stronger email – 7 claimed
- 10 dollars for a “slightly explicit” email – 3 claimed
- 50 dollars for an email with a mp3 of their music attached so that “the band will hear their own music, and likely retire immediately” – 0 claimed
The campaign has 27 days to reach its 1000 dollar goal and has raised 87 dollars from 18 backers. While I like the creativity and some of the cute lines in the tiers, I have to wonder why not simply boycott the band and not spend any money?
- Man starts crowdfunding campaign to ban Nickelback from playing London (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- A Kickstarter has been created to keep Nickelback from performing in London (factmag.com)
- Don’t Want To See Nickelback In London? There’s A Kickstarter For That (contactmusic.com)
They Might Be Giants is Bringing Back Dial a Song
While I might be giving away my age, I do remember when they first launched this back in 1983. Well guess what?
I can’t wait until January 2015!
Micheal Cullen Releases True Believer
Michael Cullen is an Australian singer song writer. He plays old semi-acoustic guitars, records on tape, uses tube microphones and other analog equipment. Michael has been performing in bands for the past two decades and his experience really shows on this 9 song release. He has a distinct baritone voice and a musical style that is truly his own. While his bio indicates that he has much experience in the punk genre, he is much more diverse than a single genre.