2012.05.03-Stupid As Charged
This week’s “Stupid As Charged” consists of four stories which all share the theme of stupid, dumb, strange, weird, or in some other way are worthy of a dunce cap rating. In particular this episode; stupidity even after conviction, sorry officer I am in hurry I need to sell my weed, when mailing weed check the address and if your dope is hacked dial 911.
Even After a Confession and Conviction, Stupidity Remains a Constant
From OC Weekly:
This one just reeks so bad with stupidity we need an ordered list. I mean this guy was dumb, is dumb and will, odds are, be forever dumb. I would venture the stupidity is growing stronger, like some type of terminal virus. We need an ordered list for this one:
- Shawn Richard Beck thought it would be wise to steal from cars back around Christmas time in 2008
- He wisely targeted a gated community know to have one of the highest populations of law enforcement residents in the county
- He returned to one of his crime scenes while investigators were getting information from a victim
- His car had a large dent in it which immediately let the victim recognise it and identify it
- He waived his right to be silent and confessed
- He went through four attorneys because, he felt, they botched his case
- He felt the case was botched because the confession was shared with the journey… he changed his mind he no longer wanted to confess
- He actually had the nerve to appeal the case!
Rest easy listeners, he is still in jail and the appeal court upheld the lower court’s decision. Seems “I did it… I didn’t do it” does not violate a felon’s rights.
We rounded this one up with a 4.5 dunce cap rating.
- We went with the song Stupid From:
- Then we went with the song The Miranda Lullabye from:
Paul And Storm
Sorry Officer But I Am In A Hurry I Need To Sell My Weed
From the: Herald Tribune.
A sheriff’s deputy pulled Kristi Dane Clark over for going
63 mph in a 45 mph zone he noticed that Kristi and her passenger
were very nervous acting and he smelled burnt marijuana.
Then Kristi proceeded to remove a .22-caliber handgun and three bags
of cannabis from her bra and a search of her car revealed 3 more
bags of marijuana kirsti and her passenger admited to the officer
they were on their way to meet 2 customers who admitted they were
going to buy $200 worth of marijuana. Kristi was arrested with charges
that include carrying a concealed weapon, possession with intent to
sell cannabis and possession of a firearm in the commission of
a crime.and her passenger was aressted and charged of possession
with intent to sell cannabis.
This one got a dunce rating of 4.
- We went with the song Roadtripper from:
Carrie Dahlby w/Possible Oscar
- And the song 99 Words for Boobs from:
Sent My Dope To The Wrong Address
This one comes from upi.com
A Kentucky teenager who allegedly scored a pot deal over the Internet was arrested after the package arrived at the wrong house, police said.
Garrett Bryant, 19, admitted arranging to buy a pound of marijuana from a California person he met playing Xbox Live online, WLKY-TV, Louisville, Ky., reported.
Bryant had the contraband sent to him under the false name of David Smith but it was sent to the wrong address.
Lawrenceburg police officer Josh Satterly said the resident opened the package without looking at the intended address and after discovering the marijuana, called police who called the postmaster who sent out a postal inspector, gamepolitics.com said.
- We went with the song Alternate Universe Lost & Found from:
Dude, Where’s My Weed?
The most ironic thing about common sense is the fact that it is not common, that being said in the strangest 911 call EVER, an adelphi man called police to report a breaking and entering of his home, not to report missing money or jewelry but to report that his weed had been stolen.The unidentified man called the local news as well to give them this gem of a quote “I woke up to someone walking into my room, and asking me where my drugs and money were. He took my weed.” The police have not released a statement as to the amount of marijuana that was stolen, but amazingly the caller was not arrested (i’m pretty sure the weed is illegal) but maybe the police forgot about that. Police are currently looking for the three armed men that robbed the house, and the house is now being investigated for drug trafficking. Way to go!
This one won a 5 on the dunce meter with a unanimous vote.
- We went with Gimme Da Weedby From:
Background music provided by Gavin Salkeld. Gavin is kind enough and with the new media order well enough to provide Indie Nation with all it’s background music for IDs, themes and promos. You can find out more about Gavin and his music at Salkeld Music.
The song “Stupid as Charged” is by Carrie Dahbny (also check out Bad Rapport) and Devo Spice (also at The FuMP) of The FuMP which is short for Funny Music Project. Also, many of the artists we feature on Indie Nation can be found at Mevio’s Music Alley.
- 2012.04.05 – Stupid As Charged Episode 0012 (indienation.fm)
- 2012.03.27 – Stupid As Charged Episode 011 (indienation.fm)
- 2012.04.12-Stupid As Charged (indienation.fm)