Tech Net News and Opinion – Smart Cars
While doing our weekly live news broadcast, we noticed we had a good number of stories on newer tech in automobiles. This topic is something that Lumpy has followed for a few years. (Maybe it has to do with the fact that he converted a 1971 Impala while in high school.) Nonetheless, we are convinced that the cars of tomorrow are going to be considerably different from those of today.
Please listen in and if you ever wish to give us your opinion leave a comment, join us in #indienation on Geekshed.net IRC, or, better yet, join us live on the air Mondays 8-10 pm EST where you can voice your opinion live. (You can get details on how to join us in IRC.)
Some links relevant to the discussion are:
- Apple Car Play
- Google Android Based Open Automotive Alliance
- Ford Drops Microsoft for the Next Sync
- Network Connected Cars
- The Tron
- Driver-less Cars
We not only talk about the items above but also on how much connectivity is going change our lives in the future. We also discuss the down side of the technology, such as, the potential of your car being hacked.
Last but not least, please feel free to join #indienation on the Geekshed.net IRC Network on Monday from 8-10 pm EST if you would like to voice your opinion on our weekly news show.
- 2013 in Review:Autonomous vehicles on the go (autoguidance.wordpress.com)
- The car in the cloud (community.csc.com)
- Experts See Autonomous-Car Revolution as Evolution (cyberlaw.stanford.edu)
- Look, Michigan, No Hands! Bill Passed to Legalize Autonomous-Vehicle Testing on Michigan Roads (caranddriver.com)
- Ford Unveils Fusion Hybrid Autonomous Driving Research Vehicle (ubergizmo.com)