This Week We Start with a Long Rant and End with a Long Track
We started off with a few from the Monterey International Pop Fest. They were:
- Buffalo Springfield – For What It’s Worth
- Otis Redding – Shake
- The Mamas and The Pappas – California Dreamin
As Far as the news and opinion goes:
- The first topic was our thoughts and opinions on the announcement that The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame asked Alan Freed‘s son to pick up his father’s remains. In short we feel it is wrong. We also did an edited version of our editorial and the show only.
- Lake Erie is toxic again
- We talk about the Ebola victims for a bit, especially how Lumpy can create new words
- We talk a bit about our favorite movie genre, post-apocalypse, we also mention o few games themed that way. We do spend some time talking upcoming movies, including Harisson Ford’s injury and Star Wars.
- Neverland is up for sale
- Of course, we talk about The Walking Dead which returns on 12 October
- Southpark now behind ad infested Hulu paywall
- We discuss listener supported content, Adam Curry and business models
- Podcast license, Adam Carolla, and podcasting not as lucrative as we thought
- Radio drama and radio drama in NYC
- We talk about some local artist, venues and concerts
- Soft tissue found in dinosaur fossil
- Stem cells and regeneration
- Amazon and an E-book and audio book service
- Gamer Goggle will be at Gen Con (and, although we were not certain on the broadcast, indienation.fm will be as well)
- Better story telling through Dungeons & Dragons
- Google contacts
- Death of man in NYPD viral video ruled homicide
- Pirate Bay traffic doubles post ISP blocks
- Public Domain YouTube Channel, The Slender Man, and torrents
- Overwolf as an overlay for gaming
We closed out the show with an Alan Freed WINS recording we found in the public domain over at archive.org.
Remember Indie Nation listeners are welcome to join us for the news, in fact, that is what we want. The shows are recorded live every Monday night with the exception of legal holidays and the second Monday of each month. To get information on how to join us, join geekshed.net IRC and hop into the #indienation channel. You can also join us in chat on our listen page. We will give you the information in chat. Thanks for listening, comments and feedback are welcome.
- Patent Trolls Don’t Get A Dime From Adam Carolla! (sourcefed.com)
- Podcasting patent troll: We tried to drop lawsuit against Adam Carolla (arstechnica.com)
- Personal Audio vs. Adam Carolla (mjtsai.com)