2014.09.15 – Tech Net News and Opinion
This is the recording of our weekly news show. In this episode we discuss some Celtic music news, Android news, Chrome OS app news, net neutrality, Minecraft, Microsoft, writing on maps from the era of Columbus, and more.
We opened with two from Ceil Moss
- As Far as the Eye Can See from the album of the same name
- Lies a Lurrighan
You can find this band at:
- @laurentleemans on Twitter
- CD Baby (Links are at the bottom of this post)
- They are on tour! – There is a list at the end of this post.
Walking Dead News
- Does Glenn Die?
- Walking Dead Action Figures
- Norman Reedus to Fan Art Book – Pre Sales are 60. Norman Reedus is donating a significant portion of the proceeds of the book to The Bachmann Strauss Dystonia and Parkinson Foundation.
- Google to Test Drones for Greater Internet Access Drones can spend up to five years at at 60 to 90 thousand feet.
- These are not small drones, a wingspan of over 70 feet
- The solar arrays generate 7 Kilo-watts of power
- Autonomous Car gets a B on Driving Test
- Google to Launch a Low Cost Android
- Chrome OS can Now Run Android Apps
- Google Changes Stance on Net Neutrality
- Microsoft Acquires Minecraft
- Playing Doom on a Cannon Printer
- Software Building Mock Ups with Doom Engine
- Donkey Kong Country Doom
- Turn Your xBox One into a Laptop
- Hearthstone Hits 20 Million Users
- TSA Grope Passenger AFTER Flight
- Brennan Refuse to Tell Who Authorized Spying
- California Stifles Carpooling
- Court Shuts Down 11 Broad Patents
- 500 Year Old Map with Handwriting from Columbus Days
- Turning the Moon into a Cosmic Ray Detector
- Curiosity at Destination
- What was Stonehenge Really?
- Stretchy Circuits
- Soft Exoskeleton Suite
We closed the news with The Maid on the Shore by Ceili Moss.
Ceili Moss Tour Dates and Locations
Yeah, I know most of our listeners are in the US but we get listeners from little islands I didn’t even know existed.
- Saturday, 20 September at Fêtes de Wallonie, Place l’Ilon – 5000 Namur
- Friday, 26 September at Péniche La Legia, Quai du Barbou – 4020 Liège
- Thursday, 16 October at Le Goût d’Autre Chose, Ferme de Vévy-Wéron – Chemin des Archiducs, 15 – 5100 Wépion
- Friday, 31 October at La Porte Noire, Rue des Alexiens, 67 – 1000 Brussels
- Saturday, 22 November at Théâtre Jardin-Passion, Rue Marie Henriette, 39 – 5000 Namur with Seesayle as the opening act
- Friday, 28 November at Jazz9, Rue de l’usine, 9A – 5032 Mazy
Here is a little extra for all of you. Ceili Moss and The Lonesome Man’s Dance