Marc Gunn, Rythym and Folk
Marc Gunn has been on my playlist even before the station existed. He was one of the first artist I contacted to get permission to play when I was the only DJ spinning indie music on a mainstream Internet station. (RIP Geeksradio.fm) I can’t tell you how thrilled I was to finally catch up with this wonderful kilted man.
Regrettably, and I still don’t get why, I don’t come through well on the recording. (Maybe it was where I was sitting, the crowd noise drowns me out.) Nonetheless, the important part, Mr. Marc Gunn, is very audible. Listen in as we talk about:
- Drinking songs
- How long he has been doing Gen Con
- Why he love Gen Con
- How he got into his craft
- His influences
- Some of the gigs for him at Gen Con
- His thoughts on the New Media Order
- His advice for one who wants to do what he does
You can find Marc Gunn on the web at:
- His Website
- @marcgunnmusic on Twitter
- Brobdingnagian Bards
- The Irish and Celtic Music Podcats
- The Celtic Geek Podcat
- The Bards Crier Ezine
Marc is a HUGE supporter of the Celtic music scene, check out this list of donations by him at his website.
Marc also loves to travel and acts as a tour guide. Check out Celtic Invasion.
To close, I would like to personally thank Mr. Gunn for his time. Not only is he one of my favorite podsafe artists, I have always had admiration for how he supports his art form. I must also mention that he and I had more conversation after the interview and he continued with additional recommendations, all of which I have since explored and feel are of great worth. Hopefully, I can catch up with him again in the near future.
- Marc Gunn – A Celtic Artist to Perform at Gen Con (indienation.fm)
- Musician Marc Gunn’s on target with “A Celtic Christmas” CD (irishcentral.com)
- Cruises for Gamers (indienation.fm)