Archive : Category

Interview with Daria Musk and RAM – Part 4

POSTED ON August 20th  - POSTED IN acoustic, Community, Entertainment, interviews, music, Podcasts, site
Play

Here’s is Part 4 of the great interview we here at Indienation got to have with the amazing Daria Musk and RAM.

Common colors used in sidewalk chalk.

Image via Wikipedia

They’ve taken the internet by storm lately as their second live concert using the Hangout feature through Google+ had attracted more than 9 ,000 listeners from over 100 countries. Impressed? Find out about this and more!

Help Daria Musk, RAM and Kate Cushing Speak at SXSW – The Topic is “Going Global Overnight on Google+”

POSTED ON August 17th  - POSTED IN Community, independent music, interviews, New Media Order, news, Opinion

Register and Vote for Panels to be Presented at SXSW

Did you know that anyone can register and vote on the panels to be presented at SxSW?  I know you all know about over night Internet Google+ sensation Daria Musk but did you know that this talented young lady, along with RAM and Kate Cushing need your votes for just such a panel?  That’s right, there is a proposal to discuss just that.  I am certain many a musician and film makers would desire to attend such a panel.

SXSW 2011

Image by nan palmero via Flickr

I am asking all of you to go take the five minutes to register and vote for this panel.  After all, many of you watched and/or heard it happen… Don’t we all want everyone to know just how this happened, can happen and learn from their experience? In my opinion, such a wonderful synergistic melding of “laughing in the face of lion”, fate and tech should be shared at this event.

Interview with Daria Musk and RAM – Part 2

Play

As I mentioned in the notes for part one of this interview, I am not keeping things in the same order as we did them live on the stream.  In this segment you will get to hear something we kept going back too, how the Internet community, mainly Google Plus, impacted these to artist in a positive way.  One of the things that I am sure every listener will notice is that Daria Musk and RAM really appreciate their fans and the Google Plus community.

I have often mentioned that what I enjoy the most about being a podcaster is being the middle man between the artists and the listeners.  However, with today’s recent tech advances, that particular role may well be on it’s way to obsolescence.   Musicians can now simply interact directly with listeners… even perform hangout concerts on the Internet… I so love the new media order.

Daria Musk Interview – Live Marathon Interview – Part 1

Play

Part One of an Interview with Daria Musk and RAM

Daria Musk and RAM

Daria Musk and RAM seem to like to go long on many things.  Fear not though, for while it may be possible to have too much of a good thing, that is not possible in this case. The last Google Hangout Concert went seven and a half hours.  This “thirty minute” interview went about two and a half hours.

While there were some, tech glitches, some VOIP skip, a fan in the background, a motorcycle or two, a semi truck, etc… Thanks to the marvels of real time compression and Audacity software, I bet had I not mentioned it, you would not even notice.

I tried to keep as much of it as possible.  Well, truth be told, I tried to keep as much as what RAM and Daria said and as little as possible of what DJ Angel, Jeff and I said.  The night we streamed this live, I told Daria and RAM that I might split it into two or three parts, when I emailed Daria yesterday, I was thinking more like four or five… As I edit it today, I fear I may never leave the studio.   There is just simply too much good stuff.

2011.08.02 – Pick of the Day – J-CLX – Night Out

POSTED ON August 2nd  - POSTED IN Community, hip hop, Holiday, independent music, music, news, Pick of the Day, Podcasts
Play

Today is National Night Out Day

Today is a day for us to take back our streets.  It is the 28th Annual National Night Out, a night for communities through out the United States to get out and a night focused on crime prevention and drug awareness. To be frank and honest, I have never really been aware of this event in my neighborhood.  I live in Cleveland and it is a shame for my neighborhood is in desperate need of this type of focus. This is the first year I noticed any publicity regarding this great idea.  I happened to notice a sign promoting it outside my local Target store.  Target is a sponsor for tonight’s event.  According to the event’s web site it is intended to:

• Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
  • Generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs;
  • Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
  • Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.

The event is to be celebrated with block parties, cookouts, visits from local police and sheriff departments, parades, exhibits, flashlight walks,  contests, and youth programs.  The same web site stated that over 27 million individuals participated in 2010.

Dropbox security bug temporarily allowed logins without authentication

POSTED ON June 21st  - POSTED IN Business, Community, Technology
Image representing Dropbox as depicted in Crun...

Image via CrunchBase

According to a article on Tuaw Dropbox security bug temporarily allowed logins without authentication. According to the article at Tuaw.

Earlier today, A code update to Dropbox introduced a bug that temporarily allowed access to users’ accounts and files without authentication via the company’s web interface.For approximately four hours, from the time that Dropbox made the changes until the service’s developers were able to correct the error, user accounts were accessible by merely typing in the email address associated with the account.

On their own blog Dropbox said this never should have happen and they are conducting a thorough investigation of related activity to understand whether any accounts were improperly accessed. And if  they identify any specific instances of unusual activity, we’ll immediately notify the account owner.

If you’re concerned about any activity that has occurred in your account, you can contact them at  support@dropbox.com.

Zombiegurl

Cleta :)

Insomnia

POSTED ON May 29th  - POSTED IN Community, Opinion, site
InSomnia concept mapping

Image via Wikipedia

An estimated 30%-50% of the general population are affected by insomnia, and 10% have chronic insomnia. I have very bad Insomnia its a hard thing to live with not getting much sleep maybe 2 to 3 hours a night if you are lucky. You get very tired you want to sleep but cannot it gets hard to concentrate after days of not sleeping very much. Insomnia is a symptom, not a stand-alone diagnosis or a disease. By definition, insomnia is “difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or both” or the perception of poor quality sleep. Insomnia may therefore be due to inadequate quality or quantity of sleep. Insomnia is not defined by a specific number of hours of sleep that one gets, since individuals vary widely in their sleep needs and practices.

Insomnia is generally classified based on the duration of the problem. Not everyone agrees on one definition, but generally:

• symptoms lasting less than one week are classified as transient insomnia,
  • symptoms between one to three weeks are classified as short-term insomnia, and
  • those longer than three weeks are classified as chronic insomnia

Symptoms of insomnia

Difficulty falling asleep

Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep

Waking up too early in the morning

Feeling tired upon waking

Sleepiness during the day.

General tiredness.

Irritability.

Problems with concentration or memory.

Causes of acute insomnia can include:

Significant life stress (job loss or change, death of a loved one,moving)

Illness.

Emotional or physical discomfort.

Environmental factors like noise, light, or extreme temperatures (hot or cold) that interfere with sleep.

Some medications (for example those used to treat colds, allergies, depression, high blood pressure, and asthma) may interfere with sleep.

Interferences in normal sleep schedule (jet lag or switching from a day to night shift, for example).

I have been given some awesome suggestions to help with insomnia Tea, no caffeine before bedtime , No chocolate ( I am not doing so well with that one lol ) also it’s a good idea to go away from everything that could keep you awake T.V computer etc just relax read etc..

Always consult with your doctor if you have chronic Insomnia to ask advice for treatment.

Until next time ..

Zombiegurl

Cleta

Skype up for sale. Google or Facebook

POSTED ON May 5th  - POSTED IN Business, Community, news
Play
Image representing Skype as depicted in CrunchBase

Image via CrunchBase

Will Skype have a new owner? Will it be Google or Facebook ?

According to a Reuters report Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has been engaged in internal discussions with Skype about possibly acquiring the video chat service. Google has also held early talks for a joint venture with Skype . A Skype deal could be valued at $3 billion to $4 billion . According to their S.1 Skype has 663 million registered users so this would be a great investment for Facebook or Google . All companies involved decline to comment on rumors and speculation.

Word of a partnership between Facebook and Skype has been rumored as far back as September 2010, when multiple sources said the two companies were amping up to announce an extensive partnership  involving SMS, voice calls and Facebook Connect. The announcement never came, but Skype 5.0–the company’s latest major software release–did give users the ability to call and text their Facebook friends . Then there’s Google, increasingly seeking to bolster its Google Voice service, which has much more in common with Skype than any offering from Facebook.  Skype originally was bought by Ebay Inc. before being spun off to a group of investors.While both Skype and Facebook have massive user communities, neither has put together a business plan the way Google has. Who knows who will be the new owner will be we can hope it will be a good merger for who ever buys Skype and it can be improved to even better standards.

Until next time

Your resident Zombiegirl  :)

www.custompc48809.com GIVEAWAY!!!

POSTED ON April 25th  - POSTED IN Business, Community, Hardware, site, Software, Technology

Hey Everyone, David here From CustomPC48809.com

First Time ever at http://www.custompc48809.com We are doing a GIVEAWAY!!!!

Sometime In May we will hold this event and the event will take a few hours.

The lucky winner will be announced over VIA email, Twitter, FaceBook and Live Video Stream.

Rules and Information will be located on the site, also we are looking for everyone’s Idea’s for the event. What should we do???

If you have a idea or comment, go to http://www.custompc48809.com/#/contact/4548980785 and submit your idea.

The Prize will be some sort of Computer Device or Electronic… CustomPC48809.com is a Computer Service and Hardware Site. Might as well make it a good Prize. Let your Friends know.

Thanks Again, From CustomPC48809.com and    Indienation.Fm

Mythbusters

Hello Everyone,  David here with CustomPC48809.com

Welcoming back the Mythbusters for the new Season!!!

One of the best shows on the Discovery Channel. From Urban Legans to Everyday myths, the Mythbusters have tested just about everything.   Hosted by Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage — and co-hosted by Tory Belleci, Kari Byron and Grant Imahara — the MYTHBUSTERS mix scientific method with gleeful curiosity and plain old-fashioned ingenuity to create their own signature style of explosive experimentation. Everyday They are looking to have more people submit a myth to test so if you have anything interesting that could be tested send it in. Click Here to send a myth in.

I have been watching this show Ever since Episode 1 and I can’t get enough I am a huge fan. Let me know in a comment  if you are a fan as well and what was your favorite episode and why.     I hope you are catching New Episodes Every Wednesday at 9 PM E/P   On the Discovery Channel.

Hope to See your Favorite Episode…

Thanks again, From Indienation.fm and CustomPC48809.com

Cleta is Recovering! w00t!

POSTED ON November 11th  - POSTED IN Community
Cleta's Avatar from Twitter

I am pleased to say that I was able to speak with community member Cleta last night. Just in case you are “out of the loop”, Geek Shed (#Cleta), Twitter and Geeks Community member has been fighting a long battle with some health issues and, more recently, she was rushed from one hospital to another for life saving surgery. Many of us have been very worried.

It was a tears of joy experience to hear her voice. I am pleased to let you know that our friend is out of ICU and can now take guest. It will still be at least a few more weeks before our friend will be discharged but she is, very thankfully, recovering from her ordeal. For those of who wish to leave her a get well voicemail use Indie Nation’s 818-81-INDIE Google Voice number.