2012.03.16 – Friday Night Freak n’ Geek
Greetings once again Indienation Listeners, Followers and Curiosity Seekers! As I get more and more stoked with coming to you with each new episode, I’ve been sharpening my skills as a more technical podcaster. After doing conventional radio after all these years it seems difficult to break out of that mold of Pavlovian Conditioning and getting with the new age of radio. In other words folks – I think I’ve almost fully grasped what it means to be a viable part of the new media order. Podsafe, Indie Music Radio all for the sheer love of playing it, doing it and rubbing into the corporate ass-holes face as to why they are dying a slow and painful death!
This week I’m delving more into my passion of all passions – Heavy Metal. Lumpy is thoroughly convinced we are going to Hell now! lol We were lucky to get a hold of some new material that wasn’t released yet. I wanted to stay close to 2 tracks from each band so we could fit a couple more artists into the show. These are 2 of the fastest hours I spend during the week and it sure beats flipping burgers!! Cleta, OmniDragon and Knowles join in on the fun and we extend the invitation for you the listener to join us as well through TeamSpeak. Let us know you are there and we’ll get a shout out to ya!
We happened to be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day on this one and toast to you a big gulp of George Killian’s Irish Red Beer as our last call! This is such a great brew cold as well as for cooking in Pot Roasts, Stews, Stuffed Peppers or Stuffed Cabbage and especially for that St. Patrick’s Day favourite – Corned Beef!
2012.03.09-Friday Night Freak N’ Geek
Join Lumpy and Boz for Friday night Freak n’ Geek as they chat with Cleta, OmniDragon and Knowles as they join them via Teamspeak they talked about everything from Lumpy and Boz’s Cats, to the Corned beef, and split pea soup they are cooking and even talked about opossums in a pastry shop. They tell about the cigar they have tonight and the beer they will be sampling as they give a toast at the end of the show, lots of laughs, good stories, and great music.They started the show with some music from:
2012.03.02 – Friday Night Freak n’ Geek
Join Lumpy and Boz for Friday Night Freak n’ Geek They dedicate this show to the three people that lost their lives at the Chardon Ohio school shooting and to all the people that suffered through the horrible tornadoes that did so much damage in Kentucky,Indiana and other southern states .
Another fun filled episode of friday Night FnG. Just us goofing around. By now Lumpy is convinced that we are destined for Hell with all this heavy rock we’ve been playing. Boz can’t seem to get his head together as he fumbles his words and forgets all to often where his place is in the show – almost like as if he just woke up! lol We always like to give shout outs to all of you who follow us from all over the globe and in chat. Give us a holler and let us know you are hearing us and what you think! email@example.com Lumpy@indienation.fm
2012.02.10 – Friday Night Freak n’ Geek
Join Lumpy and Boz for Friday Night Freak n’ Geek as they bring you some great music and some great conversation they enjoy the cigar choice of the night and sample the choice of beer for the night as they always have last call at the end of the show.
Friday Night Freak n Geek ventures into a nice sit down chat with someone who keeps you laughing: Phil Johnson from Roadside Attraction. Clever and creative, Phil shares with us his some of the methods to his madness. Plus we get to sample our Beer of the week – well almost as we actually ended up doing last call on the Lumpcast this fine evening. Along with the power of Lacuna Coil and Sick of Sarah – we thought it would be fitting to slip in Mark Kindler’s “Uncle Walt” in tribute to Walt Disney – I hope I didn’t break any copyright laws for just using that name!
- Buy My Shit from Phil Johnson
- Kick Back from Sick of Sarah
- Geeks Don’t Care from Phil Johnson
- Over Exposed by Sick of Sarah
- Hello, Good Morning (Live – Sent Out to Lumpy) by Sick of Sarah
- Robots from Phil Johnson
- El Paso Blue by Sick of Sarah
- Next Phil Johnson, Boz and Lump got into some converstation. Topics included but were not limited to:
- What inspires him
- What influnced him
- The band name Roadside Attraction
- The New Media Order
- Uncle Walt from Mark Kindler
- Black Water (BP Edition) by Steve Goodie
- Gangsta Pooh from Phil Johnson
- Trip The Darkness by Lacuna Coil
- Testosteron Babies from Phil Johnson
- Give Me Something More and I Don’t Believe In Tomorrow by Lacuna Coil
- We closed with three from Roadside Attractions:
- Hey Little Goth Girl
- Hillbilly Love
- Horizontal Tango
- LACUNA COIL – New Audio Interview With Vocalist Andrea Ferro Online (bravewords.com)
- Gigantour: Lacuna Coil, Motorhead + Volbeat @ Mohegan Sun Arena [Photo Review] (thrillcall.com)
- LACUNA COIL Announce Acoustic Performance, Meet & Greet In Chicago (bravewords.com)
Welcome to Friday Night Freak & Geek where Boz and Lumpy share excitement of the strange, bizarre, weird and yes outright utterly stupid topics of society and your own backyard whereabouts!! In Other Words – we try to touch base with the most interesting current events possible that happen all around us commoners!
This weeks adventure takes us through finding the mostest awesomest name for that championship football game brought to us every year by what is known at Indienation.fm as the No Fun League. Seeing as the name chosen for this great match is allegedly trademarked, we figured we would come up with our own name for it and see if the fans out there agree that it’s in fact the better name!
And of course our traditional beer endorsement of the week and great new up and coming heavy music make for excellent background entertainment for any party or dumpster diving challenge!! Tonight’s featured artists include The Mydols, Project 4rm Watts, Straight Outta Junior High, Adriana Skye, Ric Seaburg, Arch Enemy, In Flames, Pillar of Autumn, Sudden Death featuring Carrie Dahlby, Jim Truth and the legendary Alice Cooper.
- From Mydols Website:
- Super Bowl
- Hot Rod Your Home
- Gimme Your Paycheck
- Superbowl Stuntin from Project 4rm Watts
- From Straight Outta Junior High:
- Fantasy Football
- She Doesn’t Like Me
- Game Face by Adriana Sky
- Superbowl Andy by Ric Seaberg
- From Arch Enemy
- Khaos Oveture
- Under Black Flags We March
- Through The Eyes Of A Raven
- From In Flames
- Sounds Of A Playground Fading
- Where The Dead Ships Dwell
- From Pillar of Autumn
- Breathing Underwater
- Carpe Diem
- Killing Machine
- Give It To Everybody by Sudden Death featuring Carrie Dahlby
- From Jim Truth
- Caught or I Am Almost Gone or Fail Angel
- Gun Or Knife or A Wish For Other Wings or The Line Drawn
- Slipping or The Nightmare Come or Done
- From Alice Cooper
- I’m Eighteen
- No More Mr Nice Guy
- Woman Of Mass Destruction
- ARCH ENEMY Vocalist Angela Gossow Discusses Legalizing Weed And Forthcoming EP In New Interview (bravewords.com)
- ARCH ENEMY’s MICHAEL AMOTT Talks Gear In New Video Interview (roadrunnerrecords.com)