For Celtic Thursday, Ceili Moss
This is an edited shorter version of our live news show from Monday, 15 September, 2014. We tend to focus on tech, net news, and games. We are still a music oriented station. We always open and close with indie music. This post is just the beginning and end of our news show.
We opened the news with Ceil Moss:
- As Far as the Eye Can See from the album of the same name
- Lies a Lurrighan
You can find out more about the band at:
- @laurentleemans on Twitter
- CD Baby (Links are at the bottom of this post)
- They are on tour! – There is a list at the end of this post.
Marc Gunn Wants Thursdays to be Celtic Thursday
You can find out more about the Celtic Emergency and Marc’s call for help to promote and increase awareness of Celtic music at his podcast episode on the topic. Marc would like folks to promote and increase awareness about Celtic music by using the hash tag #CelticThursday. He wants people to flood social media with the tag on Thursdays.
Mr. Gunn is very passionate about and supportive of Celtic music. To the point of being dubbed “The Celtfather”. You see this by visiting celticmusic.org, the site he likes to plug. There are many free tracks there to get a feel for this genre. You can hear his excitement and energy for his craft in his interview with Lumpy at Gen Con this year. (It will publish later today.)
When we originally did our news show, we did it with Ceili Moss, because we were going to cover the above story. Then we got a newsletter saying Ceili Moss is touring. Just seemed like a no-brainer to get some more news out there on this first Celtic Thursday. Tweet this, post it to Facebook and everywhere else with the hashtag #CelticThursday.
We closed the news show with The Maid on the Shore by Ceili Moss.
Ceili Moss Tour Dates and Locations
- Saturday, 20 September at Fêtes de Wallonie, Place l’Ilon – 5000 Namur
- Friday, 26 September at Péniche La Legia, Quai du Barbou – 4020 Liège
- Thursday, 16 October at Le Goût d’Autre Chose, Ferme de Vévy-Wéron – Chemin des Archiducs, 15 – 5100 Wépion
- Friday, 31 October at La Porte Noire, Rue des Alexiens, 67 – 1000 Brussels
- Saturday, 22 November at Théâtre Jardin-Passion, Rue Marie Henriette, 39 – 5000 Namur with Seesayle as the opening act
- Friday, 28 November at Jazz9, Rue de l’usine, 9A – 5032 Mazy