Part One of an Interview with Daria Musk and RAM
Daria Musk and RAM seem to like to go long on many things. Fear not though, for while it may be possible to have too much of a good thing, that is not possible in this case. The last Google Hangout Concert went seven and a half hours. This “thirty minute” interview went about two and a half hours.
While there were some, tech glitches, some VOIP skip, a fan in the background, a motorcycle or two, a semi truck, etc… Thanks to the marvels of real time compression and Audacity software, I bet had I not mentioned it, you would not even notice.
I tried to keep as much of it as possible. Well, truth be told, I tried to keep as much as what RAM and Daria said and as little as possible of what DJ Angel, Jeff and I said. The night we streamed this live, I told Daria and RAM that I might split it into two or three parts, when I emailed Daria yesterday, I was thinking more like four or five… As I edit it today, I fear I may never leave the studio. There is just simply too much good stuff.
Since we literally had hundreds of new listeners the night this show streamed, I also took the liberty of rearranging some of the segments. I hope that this will make more enjoyable for those of you who listened live and hopefully those who couldn’t catch the whole show can catch some of what they already heard and something new.
The content is in what these two say. They know much, they play excellent, they love music and creativity… most importantly, they appreciate and love the listeners.
In this part you shall hear about:
- The synergy and the roots of her song “Plus 1 Me”, how it grew out of the hangout concerts. (That song was Today’s Pick of the Day)
- Two songs from Daria, “Spectrum” and “Maybe”
- Laughing in the Face of the Lion… not a song but they have T-shirts that say it. It is also the name of her blog. I mentioned before I rearranged things. I put this here thinking save some of the best for last. It is a good philosophy.
Be sure and check out her website her Google Plus profile for more information about her next hangout concert which shall be 20 August,2011 at 6 PM EST. The music is great and the fan-artist interaction is even better. You can check out RAM’s profile as well for he is just as talented and kewl. You can hear Daria’s music and RAM’s music on their respective SoundCloud Pages.
- Internet Music Sensation Announces Google+ Hangout Concert with YouTube Live Integration and Free, Exclusive “Google Song” Download (pr.com)
- Scratching the Surface with Google+ (polleydan.wordpress.com)
- Seven Innovative Ways To Use Google + (hilarytopper.com)
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Google Plus (Column) (popmatters.com)