Grain of Sand
Bill McBirnie and Bruce Jones – Brazilian Flute Music
While I am literally years behind on keeping up with my inbox, I still keep every email until I read and review it. Great music is timeless.
Bill McBirnie and Bruce Jones reached out to us in February of 2015. Their release Grains of Sand is a solid collection of Brazilian flute music. (Actually, it is much more than Brazilian.
The album is wonderful for many reasons. Most obviously is that the music is great. Another is that it has over an hour of music and 14 tracks. It is a great bang for your buck. The album is full of energy and great music.
The tracks are:
- Grain of Sand (Grão de Areia) – fado, bossa nova (instrumental)
- Se Eu Fico Com Você (If I Stay With You) – hip-hop, samba, rock (with voice)
- Quando A Chuva Cai (As The Rain Falls) – ambient (instrumental)
- Izabel (Isabel) – bossa nova (with voice)
- Lembrando Paul Horn (Remembering Paul Horn) – ambient (instrumental)
- Breque Trio a Trêz (Break Samba Trio for Three) – samba de breque (instrumental)
- Carnaval Blue (Blue Carnival) – funk, samba (with voice)
- Vai Bem Devagar (Proceed With Caution) – 6/8 bossa (instrumental)
- Cê Tá Com Tudo (You Are Everything) – samba, rock (with voice)
- A Ponte Para Carlton (The Carlton Bridge) – 6/8 afro brasil (instrumental)
- Na Quinta Esquina (On The Fifth Corner) – ambient (instrumental)
- Motel Cê Que Sabe (…Who Knows Motel…) – flowing samba (instrumental)
- Com ou Sem Você, Meu Amor (With or Without You, My Love) – hip-hop samba (with voice)
- Grão de Areia (Grain of Sand) – folkloric (with voice)
You can find our more about the album and artist at CD Baby.
Thanks for reading and feel free to comment. Please remember to support the indie artist by buying their merchandise, seeing them live and by spreading the word about their music.