The Don’t Let Nickel Back Campaign
When I first scanned the headline in my feed reader, I thought the Fact Magazine article was a misprint. Then again, I hear many complain about Nickelback, on a podcast I recently heard them dubbed “the worst successful band ever”. Personally, I think they are okay. However, Craig Mandell does not want these Canadians to play in London.
He has started a Kickstarter project called “Don’t Let Nickel Back“. The tiers are :
- 1 dollar and he sends an email to their management on your behalf – 12 are claimed
- 5 dollars and he sends a slightly stronger email – 7 claimed
- 10 dollars for a “slightly explicit” email – 3 claimed
- 50 dollars for an email with a mp3 of their music attached so that “the band will hear their own music, and likely retire immediately” – 0 claimed
The campaign has 27 days to reach its 1000 dollar goal and has raised 87 dollars from 18 backers. While I like the creativity and some of the cute lines in the tiers, I have to wonder why not simply boycott the band and not spend any money?
- Man starts crowdfunding campaign to ban Nickelback from playing London (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- A Kickstarter has been created to keep Nickelback from performing in London (factmag.com)
- Don’t Want To See Nickelback In London? There’s A Kickstarter For That (contactmusic.com)