Cats, Hobbits and Sci-Fi, An Excellent Fit for Gen Con
Before we even begin, I wish to caution the listener that some of this material may be NSFW (Not Safe For Work). Listener discretion is advised.
Marc’s music is characterized not only by its Celtic style but wit, humor and is often themed by sci-fi, Tolkien or cats. He is creative and entertaining. He is also another talent performing at Gen Con this year. Lumpy can’t wait to meet Marc at his booth this year.
Marc has been involved in several groups over the years including The Brobdingnagian Bards (which is really fun to say after you been drinking with hobbits for a few hours) and is also a member of the comedy music troop, The FuMP.
He also gets the new media order and shares his music under a Creative Commons License. He is very pro-active promoting Celtic music, so much so that he has earned the nickname, The Celtfather. Kudos to Marc and the other musicians who comprehend that free music is free promotion and not something to be sued for!
For today’s podcast I decided to play:
- Don’t Go Drinking with Hobbits
- The Mining Ship of the Red Dwarf
- The Lusty Young Sith
You can find out more about Marc and his music at:
- His Web Site (lots and lots of Celtic links here)
- The FuMP
- The Brobdingnagian Bards
- Vote Marc for the Top 100 Celtic Musicians
- Indie Nation is Going to Gen Con 2014 (indienation.fm)
- Free Tunes For St. Pats (laith.wordpress.com)
- Not Every Day Is St. Patrick’s Day by Marc Gunn (2013) (celticmusicfan.com)
- Celtic Music Is Freedom : A New Celtic CD by Marc Gunn (celticmusicfan.com)