It has been a disturbing trend in recent times for the line between the United States government and US corporations to vanish. Through lobbying, appointment and campaign contributions many argue and feel that we have not been a government of the people, by the people and for the people. This author thinks the only part of that phrase they kept was “buy” for now corporation buy the officials to buy the people and force the people to buy whatever they spin.
In my opinion, it is not specific to any party or administration but simply an era of apathy and lies. Why else do we have a phrase “business as usual in Washington”?
According to Wired:
If confirmed by the Senate, Verilli, now the White House deputy counsel, would assume the powerful position left vacant by Elena Kagan, who was elevated to the Supreme Court. Obama said he was “confident” Verrilli, one of five former RIAA attorneys appointed to the administration, would “serve ably.”
I wonder how many former EFF attorneys are serving on the administration?
- Meet Obama’s new Solicitor General: the copyright industry’s Donald Verrilli Jr (boingboing.net)
- Obama nominates former RIAA lawyer for Solicitor General spot (arstechnica.com)
- Obama Nominates RIAA Lawyer for Solicitor General (wired.com)
- Obama Nominates RIAA Lawyer For Solicitor General (yro.slashdot.org)
- Obama Nominates Former Top RIAA Lawyer To Be Solicitor General (techdirt.com)
- [amazon_link id=”B002AE33GM” target=”_blank” ]The RIAA, the DMCA, and the forgotten few webcasters: a call for change in digital copyright royalties.(Digital Millennium Copyright Act): An article from: Federal Communications Law Journal[/amazon_link]