2014.09.27 – Tech Net News and Opinion
Greetings Listeners, Welcome to this episode of Tech Net News and Opinion. This is the full show edition and usually runs about 2 hours in length. We also publish topic related editions. Typical topics are tech, Google, net, science, and government news. When it is close to or during the season of The Walking Dead, we also discuss and review the AMC Show. In this show we discuss:
- Some generalsite news
- The new theme
- The new editor
- Lumpy is almost done with Gen Con
We opened the show with Sarah Donner and her two songs:
- Going Under
- Follow Suit
The tracks you heard were recorded live at this years Gen Con. We would like to again thank her for both her time and her permission. Be sure and check out the interview lumpy got with Sarah at the Starbucks across from the Indianapolis Convention Center.
Be sure and listen at the end of the show for we will play some more music from her and the interview I got at this year’s Gen Con.
Indie Nation Science News
- India is in the Space Race
- First nation to get to Mars on the first try
- Cheaper than any other program, less to launch than to make the movie Gravity
- Mars rover takes first sample from Mount Sharp
- Could we cancel a manned mission to Mars?
- Good timing for new probes, a comet to come very close to Mars
- their atmospheres are going to collide
Other Science News
Thank you for listening. We welcome your feedback and comments. There is contact information below. We would love for you to join us when we stream the show live. You can join us in chat either by going to geekshed.net with your client and join #indienation or use our flash client on our Listen Page. We stream the shows live almost every Monday night from 8-10 PM DST. Not only can you join us in chat but you may even be able to join the actual conversation. Hail us in chat for details.
We closed the show out with a few tracks and an interview with Sarah Donner
- The Rebuttal of Schrodinger’s Cat
- Her interview at Gen Con
- Lovely, Lovely, Lovely
Indie Nation Science News
This is the science news part of our news show here at indienation.fm.
We would also like to remind the listeners that we encourage listener participation through chat, comments and you are welcome to actually join us on the air. We do the show live almost every Monday from 8-10 PM DST. To find out how to join us on the air, contact us via our chat room on the Listen Page.
2014.09.22 – Tech Net News and Opinion
We opened this week’s show with Titanic and Cape Cod Girls from the album Choice Cuts by Water Street Bridge. You can find out more about this band by listening to the interview at the end of the newscast or by checking out the individual posting of the interview on Indie Nation. Join Brian and Lumpy as they discuss some Walking Dead spoilers and rumors, Google news in general, drones vs Star Wars and more in tech and science news. We would also like to remind the listeners that we encourage listener participation through chat, comments and you are welcome to actually join us on the air. To find out how to join us on the air, contact us via our chat room on the Listen Page.
- First off, the season premier is 12 October
- Season 5 Episode 2 – Another character from the comic, Father Gabriel.
- Carol is supposedly back at the end of the premier
- FYI – Lumpy did check, Walking Dead Season Marathon begins on 6 October
- The Air Herald reports that there will be a spin off
- There is talk about Beth, it seem that a trailer gave that and a few other things away
- Washington D.C. is in the storyline
- Beth has been in some of the teasers, possibly in a safe place
- It doesn’t look like Glenn dies by episode two
- The best cities for Internet (based on speed and/or price)
- Be kewl by looking the fool, strap your iPhone to your face
- Audible security loophole exploited
- A fewregarding Apple:
- Comcast denies TOR statements from customer
- Star Wars set needs a drone shield
- An analysis of the 5 million leaked gMail passwords
- Native Netflix support for Linux
We closed with a few more tracks from Water Street Bridge:
- Pay Me/Iko
- Zombie Jamboree
- Lumpy’s Interview with them at Gen Con 2014
Indie Nation listeners, if you are into the night skies, December is a month with two items of kewlness. There is much expected to happen and something pretty awesome already has. Some folks over in Great Britain already got a show. There was a very bright meteor spotted by many people. It was described as a very bright green meteor by witnesses from Somerset to Aberdeen.
That fireball is expected to be followed by many more. The Geminid Shower is anticipated to be the most spectacular of 2010.
- December 21 will mark this years last total lunar eclipse and it will be especially favorable for North American observers. So get ready to not look at the moon.. heh
- December 13 and 14 are the dates that the Geminid Meteor Showers should peak. There will be some activity as early as 6 December and some as late as 18 December. The peak dates are expected to produce 50-80 meteors per hour! This annual shower produces some very spectacular meteors for the debris is from an asteroid and not a comet.
So get ready to peer upward.