Spooky, Kooky and Without Our Right Hand Man
Tonight’s podcast is a live show which originally streamed on 28 October, 2011. It was co-hosted by Boz and Lumpy. Tonight’s show is mostly Halloween themed.
We must caution the listeners that this show is both very long and very much not safe for work, small children and nuns. It contains politically incorrect material and material sexual in nature… that and Georgie punches Boz.
Regrettably, Meshelly was busy getting tested for her potential hand transplant. Please give us a hand giving Meshelly a hand.
For those of you who do not know, Meshelly is our station’s programing director. Lumpy often calls her his “right hand man” which is an inside joke. You see, Michelle is not a man and she has no right hand. Currently, she is in line for a hand transplant. However, she needs to raise about 55K in order to fund this miracle of modern science. If is not a feat she shall achieve single handedly so please, get on over to Give Meshelly a Hand and help us out.
Halloween Themed LumpCast
I decided to to another Halloween themed, eclectic genre podcast. I played:
Boz and Lump decided it was high time to get spooky and in the mood for Halloween!
We opened with “Halloween” by The Coffinshakers
Then two by The Martians:
- Mulch The Undead Cowboy
- The Pumpkin Grave
Boz and Lump on the mikes with some news
- “Indisputable Proof” of the Yeti
- German Copywrong Authority
- Lions, Tigers and Bears on the Loose in Ohio
- Dumb Ass with Warrant Asks a Cop for Directions
- Ice Cream Man Sell Drugs as Well
A few from Paul and Storm:
- If They Might Be Giants Were the Ice Cream Man
- Lame Monster Party
Back for news:
- Hypodermic Needle in the Scrotum?
- Free Justing Beiber
- How Do You Spell Gadahafi?
- Got the Crime Idea from a Movie
- Giving a Whole New Meaning to Beating the Pavement
- Undead Happy Trees
- Zombie Pirates in Love
We closed it out with some old skewl Mercury Radio Theatre, Dracula
- 2011.08.12 – Pick of the Day Devo Spice and Smart Bomb Radio – Platform Wars and Mac vs PC (indienation.fm)
- 2011.09.12 – Pick of the Day – Devo Spice – My Atari (indienation.fm)
Meshelly and Lump hope you are ready for this week’s episode of Indie Soup. It is also the first fresh post at our new home. While we are still certainly part of Indie Nation, we just thought it time to bust out our own domain. Welcome to indiesoup.fm!
How about a Halloweenathon? I found a few “classic” horror shows over at archive.org. It is Halloween and some radio drama performances of Dracula and Frankenstein mixed with some music before and after seems like it would be a kewl thing to listen to. Add to that, Zack “The Mothman” Daggy wrote and directed a short drama of his own. So sit back and don’t relax, after all it is Halloween, be afraid…
Couple of spooky tunes to start you off. From Earl Clifton and The Pin-Ups, a really well themed song titled “My Crazy Woman – Halloween Edition”. Then, by the same band, “He’s Coming to Getcha” and “Boogie Man Jam”. I like the fact that they are really into Halloween. They even have a release titled Halloween Roller Skate Party. I think you will like it. I can’t get the boogie man jam out of my head.
Now, lets jump right to some serious radio drama. This is part of the Community Audio Collection over at The Internet Archive. It is actually a live theater performance and only nostalgic in style. On Halloween 2009 Radio Theater presented Frankenstein at the Kraine Theater. It was co-produced by the Horse Trade Theatre Group.
Horse Trade merits a mention they are, according to their About Page
Horse Trade is a self-sustaining theater development group; with a focus on new work. It has produced a massive quantity of stimulating downtown theater. Horse Trade’s Resident Artist Program offers a home to a select group of Independent Theater artists, pooling together a great deal of talent and energy. It is also the home of FRIGID New York – the first and only festival of its kind in New York City.
I think that is pretty awesome, especially if they keep producing material like this. This is something you should enjoy, all one hour and 26 minutes of it. The music, production, actors and sound effects are excellent and professional. The work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Here are the credits for this excellent show
- Written, directed, music, and sound design by Dan Bianchi
- Sound Engineer – Wes Shippee
- Starring Frank Zilinyi, Joe Fellman, Mike Quirk, Dana Mazzenga, and Rebekah Levin.
Back to Halloween theme music, what better to start it with than a song “Frankenstein’s in the Mood” by Buau Hall, I tossed in some “Zombies” from Cosmos Harvesters and simly “Halloween” by The Coffinshakers. I interrupted things with some attribution chatter and we moved on to Odd Austin featuring Devo Spice (both members of The FuMP) with “Vampires Suck” and some Smart Bomb Radio with “NPR vs the Zombies”.
I closed the show with Zack “The Mothman” Daggy’s show, The Hitchhiker. Zack, and many of the cast members, also does a podcast. In Zack’s case it is The Mothpod. Here are the credits for this podcast drama;
- The Hitchiker is an original Mothpod Production created and directed by Zack “The Mothman” Daggy
- Starring Cayenne Chris Conroy as “The Preacher”
- Starring Mike Yusi as “The Stranger”
- Starring Ed Ovett as “The Narrator”
- Written by Zack Daggy
- Music by Ardent Octopus, Brother Love, Jeff Rosiana, and The Groove Mine
Special thanks and kudos to;
- Mevio’s Music Alley, likely the best “podsafe” music repository on the planet!
- The Internet Archive, the place for all kinds of archived media
- Gavin Salkeld for the music used in our IDs
- The artists, past, present and future who share their music under a Creative Commons License
- Each of you who listen to this show
- The staff of indienation.fm for putting up with me
Thanks for listening and reading. Comments and feedback are welcome. Our station voicemail is 818-81-INDIE.