Indie Nation Google News
This is the Google news part of our news show here at indienation.fm.
We would also like to remind the listeners that we encourage listener participation through chat, comments and you are welcome to actually join us on the air. We do the show live almost every Monday from 8-10 PM DST. To find out how to join us on the air, contact us via our chat room on the Listen Page.
2014.09.22 – Tech Net News and Opinion
We opened this week’s show with Titanic and Cape Cod Girls from the album Choice Cuts by Water Street Bridge. You can find out more about this band by listening to the interview at the end of the newscast or by checking out the individual posting of the interview on Indie Nation. Join Brian and Lumpy as they discuss some Walking Dead spoilers and rumors, Google news in general, drones vs Star Wars and more in tech and science news. We would also like to remind the listeners that we encourage listener participation through chat, comments and you are welcome to actually join us on the air. To find out how to join us on the air, contact us via our chat room on the Listen Page.
- First off, the season premier is 12 October
- Season 5 Episode 2 – Another character from the comic, Father Gabriel.
- Carol is supposedly back at the end of the premier
- FYI – Lumpy did check, Walking Dead Season Marathon begins on 6 October
- The Air Herald reports that there will be a spin off
- There is talk about Beth, it seem that a trailer gave that and a few other things away
- Washington D.C. is in the storyline
- Beth has been in some of the teasers, possibly in a safe place
- It doesn’t look like Glenn dies by episode two
- The best cities for Internet (based on speed and/or price)
- Be kewl by looking the fool, strap your iPhone to your face
- Audible security loophole exploited
- A fewregarding Apple:
- Comcast denies TOR statements from customer
- Star Wars set needs a drone shield
- An analysis of the 5 million leaked gMail passwords
- Native Netflix support for Linux
We closed with a few more tracks from Water Street Bridge:
- Pay Me/Iko
- Zombie Jamboree
- Lumpy’s Interview with them at Gen Con 2014
The Colored Parade – … And the Walls of the City Will Shake
As usual I am way behind on my album reviews. My inbox is overflowing. Artists and agents please be patient, I am listening and typing as fast as I can.
Today, I am pleased to introduce you to The Colored Parade. The album … And the Walls of the City Will Shake is a great piece of work. If I had to use just one word to describe this album it would be eclectic… other than that, I am at a loss for words.
“It was fifty years ago today…”
For the record, the famous Sullivan Show appearance actually occurred before I was born. Granted, only 6 days, but nonetheless still before. However, I would be a liar if I didn’t simply confess that I am a Beatleholic and do not consider Beatlemania an affliction but a blessing. As well as the Fab Four has done over the years, it is clear I am not alone.