2014.09.27 – Tech Net News and Opinion
Greetings Listeners, Welcome to this episode of Tech Net News and Opinion. This is the full show edition and usually runs about 2 hours in length. We also publish topic related editions. Typical topics are tech, Google, net, science, and government news. When it is close to or during the season of The Walking Dead, we also discuss and review the AMC Show. In this show we discuss:
- Some generalsite news
- The new theme
- The new editor
- Lumpy is almost done with Gen Con
We opened the show with Sarah Donner and her two songs:
- Going Under
- Follow Suit
The tracks you heard were recorded live at this years Gen Con. We would like to again thank her for both her time and her permission. Be sure and check out the interview lumpy got with Sarah at the Starbucks across from the Indianapolis Convention Center.
Be sure and listen at the end of the show for we will play some more music from her and the interview I got at this year’s Gen Con.
Indie Nation Science News
- India is in the Space Race
- First nation to get to Mars on the first try
- Cheaper than any other program, less to launch than to make the movie Gravity
- Mars rover takes first sample from Mount Sharp
- Could we cancel a manned mission to Mars?
- Good timing for new probes, a comet to come very close to Mars
- their atmospheres are going to collide
Other Science News
Thank you for listening. We welcome your feedback and comments. There is contact information below. We would love for you to join us when we stream the show live. You can join us in chat either by going to geekshed.net with your client and join #indienation or use our flash client on our Listen Page. We stream the shows live almost every Monday night from 8-10 PM DST. Not only can you join us in chat but you may even be able to join the actual conversation. Hail us in chat for details.
We closed the show out with a few tracks and an interview with Sarah Donner
- The Rebuttal of Schrodinger’s Cat
- Her interview at Gen Con
- Lovely, Lovely, Lovely
Indie Nation Science News
This is the science news part of our news show here at indienation.fm.
We would also like to remind the listeners that we encourage listener participation through chat, comments and you are welcome to actually join us on the air. We do the show live almost every Monday from 8-10 PM DST. To find out how to join us on the air, contact us via our chat room on the Listen Page.
2014.09.15 – Tech Net News and Opinion – The Science News Edition
- 500 Year Old Map with Handwriting from Columbus Days
- Turning the Moon into a Cosmic Ray Detector
- Curiosity at Destination
- What was Stonehenge Really?
- Stretchy Circuits
- Soft Exoskeleton Suite
This is part of our weekly news show. We encourage all of you to join us on Monday nights. We do the show every Monday except the second Monday of the month or legal US holidays. We stream it live from 8-10 PM DST. You can join us in chat and learn how to participate.
- The Plan To Make The Moon An Enormous Detector Of Cosmic Rays (gizmodo.com.au)
- Our Moon, the Cosmic Ray Detector (astrobites.org)
2014.09.15 – Tech Net News and Opinion
This is the recording of our weekly news show. In this episode we discuss some Celtic music news, Android news, Chrome OS app news, net neutrality, Minecraft, Microsoft, writing on maps from the era of Columbus, and more.
We opened with two from Ceil Moss
- As Far as the Eye Can See from the album of the same name
- Lies a Lurrighan
You can find this band at:
This is an edited version of our weekly news podcast. We have divided the news into sections and decided to break them out as individual podcast as well as the complete show. Please feel free to give us feedback.
- Space X Rocket Self Destructs
- Living Organisms Clinging to Space Station
- Lawn Darting Mars
- First Metamaterial Super Conductor
- NASA Makes Major Breakthrough in 3D Printing
- First Solar Powered Cirumnavigational Flight Attempted
- A USB Condum
Remember listeners, we encourage listener participation. We do the news every Monday from 8-10 PM EST with the exception of the second Monday of each month and legal US holidays. Feel free to get into geeekshed.net IRC and join us in #indienation to get details on how to join us.
Be sure and find us on the social web: