George Harrison’s Final Performance
I rarely meet anyone who totally hates The Beatles. I loved the band. However, I think one of the best things to happen with the breakup is the fact that George Harrison was no longer limited to one or two songs per album.
I was never aware of the video I am going to share until I happened on it at Open Culture.
Junior Brown – Better Call Saul, A Breaking Bad Spin-Off
To be truthful, I am not a fan of Breaking Bad. While I think it is well written, produced, and directed with a great cast, I just could not get into the series. In other words, I can understand why so many people are crazy for the series.
AMC has announced a spin-off, Better Call Saul. It is a prequel to the hit series. While there is not much being said about the series as of yet, AMC did post a video featuring Junior Brown. The lyrics are by the show’s creators. I think the song and the video are both excellent.
You can find out more about this upcoming television series at AMC. They have a few teaser videos there as well. Better Call Saul will launch in February of 2015.
- SNEAK PREVIEW: Better Call Saul ‘The Song’ (newsnet5.com)
- Are You A Criminal Who Likes Country Ditties? Listen To “Better Call Saul: The Song” (pophangover.com)
- Brief new teaser appears for Better Call Saul (denofgeek.com)
Leaving Terminus, Washington D.C. and More Walking Dead News
This is the edited version of our weekly newscast on indienation.fm. We do it live almost every Monday from 8-10 PM DST. I edit it down to only include the section in which we discuss The Walking Dead. If you would like to talk about the zombie show or any other news topic, we encourage listener participation through chat, comments and you are welcome to actually join us on the air. To find out how to join us on the air, contact us via our chat room on the Listen Page.
2014.09.22 – Tech Net News and Opinion
We opened this week’s show with Titanic and Cape Cod Girls from the album Choice Cuts by Water Street Bridge. You can find out more about this band by listening to the interview at the end of the newscast or by checking out the individual posting of the interview on Indie Nation. Join Brian and Lumpy as they discuss some Walking Dead spoilers and rumors, Google news in general, drones vs Star Wars and more in tech and science news. We would also like to remind the listeners that we encourage listener participation through chat, comments and you are welcome to actually join us on the air. To find out how to join us on the air, contact us via our chat room on the Listen Page.
- First off, the season premier is 12 October
- Season 5 Episode 2 – Another character from the comic, Father Gabriel.
- Carol is supposedly back at the end of the premier
- FYI – Lumpy did check, Walking Dead Season Marathon begins on 6 October
- The Air Herald reports that there will be a spin off
- There is talk about Beth, it seem that a trailer gave that and a few other things away
- Washington D.C. is in the storyline
- Beth has been in some of the teasers, possibly in a safe place
- It doesn’t look like Glenn dies by episode two
- The best cities for Internet (based on speed and/or price)
- Be kewl by looking the fool, strap your iPhone to your face
- Audible security loophole exploited
- A fewregarding Apple:
- Comcast denies TOR statements from customer
- Star Wars set needs a drone shield
- An analysis of the 5 million leaked gMail passwords
- Native Netflix support for Linux
We closed with a few more tracks from Water Street Bridge:
- Pay Me/Iko
- Zombie Jamboree
- Lumpy’s Interview with them at Gen Con 2014
2014.09.15 – Tech Net News and Opinion – Walking Dead News
This is part of our weekly news show. We encourage all of you to join us on Monday nights. We do the show every Monday except the second Monday of the month or legal US holidays. We stream it live from 8-10 PM DST. You can join us in chat and learn how to participate.
That said, this is most likely our most popular segment. Seriously, who doesn’t love The Walking Dead?
For those of you who listen to our news cast, you know we love The Walking Dead. Here is what the cast had to say about the first day back on the set.
- ‘The Walking Dead’s Exec Producer Says to Expect ‘Savageness’ in Season 5 (comeusmedia.wordpress.com)
Happy Birthday Song Turns 90 and Warner Still Owns It
As we often comment here, the system is broken. Stephen Colbert, as usual, has a great take on it. Check out him poking fun at this “copywrong” situation in the video which follows.
The Walking Dead Review
The folks here at Indie Nation are huge The Walking Dead fans. It has been a good while since we did a review so we are covering the three episodes since the mid-season break.
We also did a recap of the news we covered this week. If you would like to take part in the news show, get yourself into #indienation at geekshed IRC and hail us in chat. We do the show weekly from 8-10 pm EST with except on the second Monday of each month and legal holidays.
We closed the show with a few tracks from The Griswolds. You can find them at bandcamp.
Let Us Talk About “Walkers”
Musically, we opened up the show with RE: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton
As some of you know, most of the staff at this station are HUUUUUGE Walking Dead fans. Brian and I actually have a hard time getting to the news stories sometimes because we start the Monday night Tech Net News and Opinion Show off with a quick review of the week’s previous episode. Brian and I thought we might do a Walking Dead only podcast. We hope you enjoy it and welcome your opinion.