1000 FuMPs – The 1000th Release by The FuMP
The FuMP are one of my favorites. They have helped us much by sharing their music. I am very happy to an awesome announcement about The Funny Music Project. They have just released their 1000th song, 1000 FuMPs.
Disclaimer and Warning – The podcast and music discussed in this post contain explicit lyrics and are NSFW (Not Safe For Work). If this type of freedom of expression might offend you, we suggest you exercise your freedom of choice and navigate to another post.
2012.05.03-Stupid As Charged
This week’s “Stupid As Charged” consists of four stories which all share the theme of stupid, dumb, strange, weird, or in some other way are worthy of a dunce cap rating. In particular this episode; stupidity even after conviction, sorry officer I am in hurry I need to sell my weed, when mailing weed check the address and if your dope is hacked dial 911.
Through Gamer Goggles News Episode 004
2012.02.04 – Indie Soup Live with Guests, “Dear You”
This week we are pleased to have musical guest, the members of the band, “Dear You”. Listen as we talk with them and spin some of their most excellent music. Louis Moore (drums), Danny Davis (guitar), and Mason McDonald (vocals/bass), 3 of the bands 4 members, were kewl enough to take some time our their schedule and join us via VOIP for an interview.
Sorry we are so far behind, Shelly and Lump have had too much other stuff going on. We promise to get them all caught up very soon. Remember, you can catch us almost every Friday at Midnight EST on indienation.fm.
For now, enjoy this episode of Indie Soup… where we continue with our “fumploration”, a lumpismic word meaning”exploration of The FuMP. They have so much music to explore, we may stay on this deviation of our normal show format for a good while.
Portal’s Valve to release ‘Steam Box’ console, says report
Valve which is well known for popular products such as Portal, Half-Life, and Left 4 Dead are expected to announce at the Game Developers Conference or at E3 the release of a console to rival the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. The “Steam Box” is expected to ship with a proprietary controller with swappable components to fix different styles of games. The device is expected to rock the console gaming community in the way that Netflix rocked the home movie industry.
Boz and Lump decided it was high time to get spooky and in the mood for Halloween!
We opened with “Halloween” by The Coffinshakers
Then two by The Martians:
- Mulch The Undead Cowboy
- The Pumpkin Grave
Boz and Lump on the mikes with some news
- “Indisputable Proof” of the Yeti
- German Copywrong Authority
- Lions, Tigers and Bears on the Loose in Ohio
- Dumb Ass with Warrant Asks a Cop for Directions
- Ice Cream Man Sell Drugs as Well
A few from Paul and Storm:
- If They Might Be Giants Were the Ice Cream Man
- Lame Monster Party
Back for news:
- Hypodermic Needle in the Scrotum?
- Free Justing Beiber
- How Do You Spell Gadahafi?
- Got the Crime Idea from a Movie
- Giving a Whole New Meaning to Beating the Pavement
- Undead Happy Trees
- Zombie Pirates in Love
We closed it out with some old skewl Mercury Radio Theatre, Dracula
- 2011.08.12 – Pick of the Day Devo Spice and Smart Bomb Radio – Platform Wars and Mac vs PC (indienation.fm)
- 2011.09.12 – Pick of the Day – Devo Spice – My Atari (indienation.fm)
Meshelly and Lump hope you are ready for this week’s episode of Indie Soup. It is also the first fresh post at our new home. While we are still certainly part of Indie Nation, we just thought it time to bust out our own domain. Welcome to indiesoup.fm!
This is part two of a Halloweenathon. You can find part one here. Tonight’s show is part music and part radio drama. It was something I did not actually plan to do. Yeah, I usually do a Halloween Shoe… Heck, it is the only holiday of the year where I fit in.
I was in the mood for some old time radio drama and hit archive.org. I recalled Zack Daggy did a scary show. I had a quiet, I mean DEAD quiet Sunday, a few ghouls showed up and one thing led to, well, eventually this. Enjoy and be afraid….
- The Deformities with “Creature Feature” and “Vampire Lover”
- Paul and Storm with “Olive Garden”, “Cruel, Cruel, Moon”, “Infected”, “Live”, and “Lame Monster Party”
Up next is a live radio theater performance of “Dracula”. This is part of the Community Audio Collection over at The Internet Archive. It is actually a live theater performance and only nostalgic in style. Radio Theater presented Dracula at the Player Theatre.
Credits for the live show are as follows;
- Written, directed, music, and sound design by Dan Bianchi.
- Wes Shippee was the engineer.
- The Eisenhowers – “Mr. and Mrs. Frankenstein”
- “Goblin City” by Panthers
- From Tom Smith, and to close out “Zombie Pirates in Love”, “Giant Monster”, and “Undead Happy Trees”
Special thanks and kudos to;
- Mevio’s Music Alley, likely the best “podsafe” music repository on the planet!
- The Internet Archive, the place for all kinds of archived media
- Gavin Salkeld for the music used in our IDs
- The artists, past, present and future who share their music under a Creative Commons License
- Each of you who listen to this show
- The staff of indienation.fm for putting up with me