We kicked off the show with a few Celtic and Middle Earth themed tunes from Marc Gunn:
- Gollum Blues
- Don’t Go Drinking With Hobbits
MTGO Goes Mobile
From Slide to Play:
“Well, it’s about time. Wizards of the Coast has announced that they’re bringing an official Magic: The Gathering game to iOS. While plenty of other card battling games have come to the platform (including Kard Combat, which was also made by the legendary Richard Garfield), we’ve been waiting impatiently for an official Magic: The Gathering game. The wait is almost over, as Wizards of the Coast is bringing Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 to the iPad this summer.”
Rise of the Under Dark
The Demon Web. It’s the abyss between worlds, the binding point of multiple planes of the universe. It’s also the home domain of Lolth, the demon queen of spiders, who manifested herself in Eberron as the Spinner of Shadows. In our look at Update 13, we came face-to-face with this hideous manifestation. But Lolth is not yet defeated–and thus begins Dungeons & Dragons Online: Menace of the Underdark, the first full expansion for this evergreen massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
- Leaving Eberron for Faerun
- Demon queen has evil plans
- Players will have to deal with Drow (Striders are part of the game)
- Elementals will be among new creatures.
- Druids get to show off their transformation ability.
Warhammer Dark Millenium’s new direction explained
‘If you liked Space Marine, you’re gonna love this thing,’ says Bilson.
‘THQ head Danny Bilson has detailed how Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millenium Online will make the transition from MMO to single player title with multiplayer elements.
In an interview with Ripten, Bilson stated that the core gameplay can still be salvaged from what had been developed earlier on.”
- Shooting will be real time – not turn based
- Mechanics are action based
- Game scaled back because investors not found
- downsizing is good because there is no longer a need to scale back the mechanics
Next we did a few tunes from members of The FuMP:
- You’ve Got Hogwarts from Robert Lund
- Parody Like a Filk Star by Seamonkey featuring featuring Tom Smith, Houzeman and Glenn Lixx
Command and Conquer
“As you may or may not have heard, video game publishing giantrecently came under fire for what at least appeared to be blatant plagiarism when screen-shots for the browser-based game Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliance were revealed to be exact copies of tanks fromWarhammer 40,000.”
Basically EA and GW have already come to a quick understanding. I wonder which company has gained more publicity from this stunt?
We closed out the show with a few zombie themed tunes:
- Through Gamer Goggles News (TGGN) 4-9-2012 (indienation.fm)
- Through Gamer Goggles News (TGGN) 4-2-2012 (indienation.fm)
- Through Gamer Goggles News (TGGN) 3-26-2012 (indienation.fm)
- Through Gamer Goggles News (TGGN) 3-19-2012 (indienation.fm)
- Through Gamer Goggles News (TGGN) 3-12-2012 (indienation.fm)
- Through Gamer Goggles News (TGGN) 3-05-2012 (indienation.fm)
- Through Gamer Goggles News (TGGN) 2-27-2012 (indienation.fm)